Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Surprise!

Yesterday I arrived home to good ol' Georgia (not the Honey Boo Georgia, or the Real Housewives Georgia. More like the "Georgia on my Mind" Georgia). My sister-in-law braved Atlanta traffic and the confusion of the the airport to pick me up. After a few wrong turns and one seriously confused GPS, we were on our way to get my nephews from school. She had told them that she had a huge surprise for them and they had been left guessing for days. The boys asked if they'd have to share it with their younger siblings (the "babies," aged three and four) and were informed that they would. They finally resolved that the surprise must be cake, and I prayed that I wouldn't be a disappointment, because, after all, I'd probably choose cake over myself too and it's much more sharable.

We drove up to the school and waited for a fifth grader and third grader to walk out the door. I jumped out of the car and saw them beam beneath their recently grown-out surfer locks as they ran towards me. Now that is one amazing feeling! After we all settled in into the car, my third grade nephew smiled and announced that this was the best surprise ever!

I couldn't be happier to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment